This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for www.BikeTahoe.org This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this web site. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
– See what data we have about you, if any.
– Change/correct any data we have about you.
– Have us delete any data we have about you.
– Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
The Site collects two kinds of information from you: (1) personal information that you submit to us, and (2) non-personal information, such as the pages you visited on the Site and your IP address. To learn how to opt out of receiving further information from Bike Tahoe see the Section E below.
- Personal Information. We collect and use personal information about you in the following ways:
- Registering on the Site. You may supply Bike Tahoe with your personal information when you register on the Site. For example, a client who registers on the Site must provide a full name, state of residence, email address, date of birth and password. For a trainer to register on the Site, he or she must provide full name, state of residence, email address, date of birth, username, password, home address, contact number and Social Security Number (For a criminal background check). Bike Tahoe may, from time to time, change the information that it requests from the visitors to the Site.
- Training Scheduling. You may supply Bike Tahoe with further personal information, including your home address and credit card information, when you sign-up for a training package on the Site. We use a third party company to process credit card transactions, but we may have access to this data.
E-mail. If you submit feedback, questions, or requests for information about Bike Tahoe services, we may request your name, mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address in order to respond to your inquiries. Bike Tahoe may collect and store the information you choose to provide us to send you information about Bike Tahoe from time to time.
- Surveys and Promotions. From time to time, we may request information from you via surveys or online promotions such as contests and sweepstakes. Participation is completely voluntary; you have a choice whether or not to disclose any information. Information requested may include personal contact information such as your name, shipping address, phone number, or e-mail address. This information may be used to contact users with further information about Bike Tahoe products and services, to fulfill the terms of the promotion, notify winners and/or award prizes, or to monitor or improve use and satisfaction of this site.
- Loyalty Programs and Promotional Services. We may gather information from you when you sign up for any loyalty program or other promotional offer made via the Site. As part of those services you may be required to provide personal contact information such as your name, shipping address, phone number, or e-mail address. This information may be used to contact users with further information about Bike Tahoe services, to fulfill the terms of any scheduling, or to monitor or improve use and satisfaction of the Site.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information. We collect and use non-personally identifiable information about you in the following ways:
- Cookies. A “cookie” is a small text file that may be used to collect information about your activity on the Site. For example, when someone visits a page within the Site, a cookie is placed on the user’s machine (if the user accepts cookies) or is read if the user has visited the Site previously. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser, but if you do, you may not be able to take advantage of the personalized features enjoyed by other users to our Site. Some of the cookies we use may be flash cookies or Adobe cookies. While they are harmless, they may contain demographic information and, depending on your browser, these cookies may not normally be deleted when your cookies are deleted. Please check your browser to determine where these types of cookies are stored and how they may be deleted.
- Referrers, IP Addresses, and Environmental Variables. Bike Tahoe also may collect information through referrers, IP addresses, and various environmental variables. A referrer is information the web browser passes along to the Bike Tahoe web server that references the URL from which you came. An IP address is a number used by computers on a network to identify your computer so that data can be transmitted to you. An environmental variable may include, among other things, the domain from which you access the Internet, the time you accessed the Site, the type of web browser and operating system or platform used, the Internet address or the web site you left to visit the Site, the pages you visit while at the Site, and the Internet address of the web site you then visit. Bike Tahoe interest to you and that is marketed to people near your location.
Third Party Links
This Site may contain links to other sites. Additionally, third parties may from time to time link to the Site. PLEASE BE AWARE THAT WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT OR PRACTICES OF ANY OTHER WEB SITES. We encourage our users to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that they visit.
We communicate with users who subscribe to our services on a regular basis via email. For example, we may use your email address to confirm a scheduling request, to send you notice of changes to your scheduling request, to send you information about changes to our services, and to send notices and other disclosures as required by applicable law. Generally, users cannot opt out of these communications, but they will be primarily informational in nature rather than promotional.
However, we may provide you the opportunity to exercise an opt-out choice if you do not want to receive other types of communication from us, such as emails or updates from us regarding new services and products offered on the Site. The opt-out choice will be provided in the emails that we send to you, when required to comply with applicable law. If you choose to opt-out of any email correspondence, we will process your unsubscribe as soon as possible, but please be aware that in some circumstances you may receive a few more messages until the unsubscribe is processed.
Notification of Changes
Special Policy Regarding Information from Children Under Age Thirteen
Bike Tahoe is not targeted to children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from any child under the age of 13 without parental consent. When we do receive such information, we delete it as soon as we discover it and we do not use it or share it with third parties.
We make an effort to have reasonable security procedures in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of information under our control, including using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to collect and transmit your information. If you have any questions about the security of the Site, please contact email@example.com
Waiver / Severability